Sunday, November 2, 2008

When I Grow Up


I did something so out of character.  I planned ahead and was prepared for something! Brayden's school celebrated Red Ribbon Week last week and to end the week, they wanted all the kids to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Well, Brayden and I had been talking about it for almost two weeks.  When he talked about what he wanted to be, he said he wanted to make sure that he made enough money so his Grammy could retire.  He said he wanted to take care of her so she didn't have to worry about working ever again.  

He first suggested that he dress up as a person that works at McDonald's, because that might be what he wants to be when he grows up.  Needless to say, I told him that, that wasn't going to cut it, and it wouldn't even pay enough for a roof over his head.  So he asked whether it would be better if he just went ahead and worked at Wal-Mart.  By this time I am trying to keep my eyes on the road and not looked so put out and shocked with his career choices.  

I told him, that working at Wal-Mart was the same as working at McDonald's.  So we discussed different careers and those that made a lot of money.  

After our talk, he decided that he would be a doctor (NOW we were talking my language). Relieved with his 3rd career choice, we immediately went to look for a costume.  Obviously we found one and it was perfect!   He was all decked out as you can see in the pictures.  It was too cute.  He wore everything, including the hat.  I didn't think the hat was going to make the cut, but he insisted on wearing it.  He said that doctors have to wear their hat to keep the bugs out of their hair.  

As we pull up to school, the majority of the kids aren't dressed for the occasion.  Immediately Brayden has this panicked look and a tone in his voice that matched... he blurted out, momma are you sure this was the right day for this?  I promised him from the bottom of my heart that this was the right day, and that I had learned my lesson back on the dreaded pajama day incident.  I sent him to preschool in his pajamas because I honestly thought it was pajama day..... and it wasn't.  He hasn't forgotten that and probably never will.

1 comment:

Melanie Mueller said...

Sooooo cute! He makes a precious doctor!!

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.