Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mom, will you wait for me?

Okay, I have been meaning to post a conversation that Brayden and I had the other day. Guess what, it was on our way to school..... again, the greatest conversations happen then.... The new song by Brad Paisley came on.. Waiting on a Woman.... well as he usually does, Brayden asked me what the song was about.... he had seen the video before but....

We were talking about the part where when he gets to heaven he knows he will be waiting on her... and that he hopes she takes her time..... Well
Brayden's next question was one that brought tears to my eyes..... "Mommy, when I get to heaven, I am not going in until you get there." The tears immediately came and I told him that I was much older than him and that I will get to heaven first. He then asked me to promise that I would wait for him before going on in. I told him (okay, the tears are flowing as I write this...) that I would always wait for him. I also said that I would find a bench outside the gates and wait. I would tell everyone in heaven that I am waiting on my son... no matter how long it took. He got the biggest smile on his face and thanked me for waiting on him.....

It makes me think about what things kids have on their minds constantly. Where do worries like this come from in a 5 year old? Justin would say he gets it from me...... Who knows.

2 comments:

Melanie Mueller said...

Okay-tears just fell. So sweet.

Shelley said...

I love reading your blogs. I need help with my blog. Love ya

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.