Monday, March 16, 2009

The No Fly Zone.....

Hopefully, if all goes as planned, I will be in Chicago this time next week.  I am looking forward to the Plain Talk About Reading Conference.  I am long overdue for a rejuvenation of teaching reading.  

BUT........  for a little while today, I was thinking that I would not be able to go.  You see......  I have pulled a doozy....  I was making a withdrawal today at my credit union...... the lady informed me that my license expired back in January.  I had totally forgotten to renew it!  With such tight security measures, I was certain I would not be able to board the plane.  So.....  I called Southwest Airlines and they will accept my expired license along with the temporary paper they give you.  But she said to get there extra early because I will be going through extra screening.  That should be fun....

Oh what a relief!  Talk about being sick to my stomach!  Guess where I will be headed tomorrow......  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This same thing happend to my brother earlier this year, and he too lives in TX. Here in Fl when you renew your license you get a new one right on the spot.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Texas Mom said...

Gosh, Florida is WAY ahead of the game. They told me it would take 2-6 weeks for it to come in!

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.