Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicago Here I Come!

I have been given an amazing opportunity by my school district!  During my Spring break, I am flying to Chicago for three days for a reading conference.  They are paying for everything.  The craziest thing is...... my aunt, Vicki Gibson (although my uncle and her divorced years ago, I still think of her as Aunt Vicki) is one of the presenters!  I am excited to have this opportunity!  I am at a point in my teaching career where I need rejuvenation.  I think this will help do that.  

At the beginning of my teaching career I went to all kinds of workshops.  Of course they were all within driving distance.  But being able to take a day and learn new things always rejuvenated me as a teacher.  For the past 6 years, our district has really cut back on all outside training and workshops.  Where they are getting the money to send about 8-10 of us to Chicago is beyond me. I am just thankful that I get to go!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun and a bonus to know the presenter...

About 4 summers ago our whole middle school staff went to a conference in Bolder Colorado... we wrote a huge grant and it paid for everything... airfare for a zillion...food, transportation everything...so much fun and lots of great learning!

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.