Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a great Christmas break!

Christmas break officially ends Sunday.  Back to going to bed early, getting up early, and heading off to school.  Monday is coming quick!  I have enjoyed this Christmas break so very much!  Justin has made it a point to be home more often and I am so thankful for that.  We have really enjoyed our family time together.  I find myself thinking..... yeah, I could get used to being a stay at home mom.  I hear that it is suppose to be cold and wet Monday morning.  I am NOT looking forward to getting out in that kind of weather.  I find myself counting the days.... How many more mornings of sleeping in till 8:00 or so, do I have left?  

Bailee is changing everyday.  She is talking more and more.  She has been saying "moe" a lot lately and it wasn't until last night that found out it isn't more she is saying, it is no..... but comes out as "moe".  I was trying to get her out of the bathtub last night and when I asked her if she was ready to get out......  she shook her head and said "moe".  It was too funny. The differences between boys and girls amazes me.  It is so evident at such an early age.  Everything Bailee picks up, she makes into a phone.  It is so funny because when Brayden was her age, he made everything a car...... or yes..... a gun..... 

Brayden misses school but I know he has really enjoyed the family time.  He is doing so good. He is really trying to test the waters with his mouth though, if you know what I mean.  

Last night for New Year's we were invited over for dinner at a friend's house.  We had a great time with them.  We were home by 10:00.  Justin and I both wanted to be home well before the inebriated drivers were on the road.  We celebrated in the best way possible.... we all changed into our jammies and climbed into mommy and daddy's bed.  It was so wonderful.  We all snuggled and wrestled and had the best time.  I looked over at Justin and said...... this is the best way to bring in the New Year, and he agreed.  Of course, none of us saw the new year in. We were in a deep slumber by midnight. 

I can't wait!  Tomorrow we are off to the zoo!  I will post those adventures soon!  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I get the same feelings too... I think I will start a summer count down...Thankfully we have jobs...

Carrie said...

I LOVED the video -- mind if I borrow that idea? :)

Kelley Holiday said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS new year's eve! And your kids are gorgeous :-)

I admire how you and Justin are as a family. We need more like you!

Shelley said...

I love the slide show! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Happy Monday to you too! I am really going to struggle in the morning...I have slept way late all week...Luckily I have all my clothes ready etc...

Unknown said...

Misti, I love the montage, it's just lovely! I hope your Monday is going well. I know the return to work and routines isn't easy. Nick said he was tired this morning when my dh woke him.

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.