Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Facebook..... a different planet

Facebook...... yes, I finally took the plunge into the abyss. I have connected with people I haven't talked to in 17 years. I don't know what the heck I am doing, but it is fun. I love catching up on others. It is great to have a central location where you can go and catch up. The problem I foresee is this...... staying up too late and not getting to bed when I should. There are so many extra things to Facebook that I am unsure of. I don't know the ropes. I am learning though.

You know when you were a child, adults seemed like dinosaurs that just didn't have a clue to what was in or what was the norm..... well I officially feel like one of those dinosaurs. It is funny to look around and see how fast you can fall behind on the latest and greatest technology. I had always considered myself to be a technology buff. I no longer feel so buffy.

So do any of you use Facebook? What do you think? Is it as addicting as I can see it becoming for me? Check my Facebook page out..... I am under Misti Gibson Dunlap..... until next time.... Adios!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Misti, I just got on a couple of weeks ago myself! I was contacted by a HS classmate and I'm in touch with folks from 30 years ago.......I'm a bit older than you...lol.
It's a hoot and I too am worried about the adictiveness.

I'm coming to TX on Thursday, but I'll be in Dallas..........take care and I'll look you up on FB.

Swimming Texas Babies said...

Wow, good for you....I haven't had the nerve or the time to do this. I'm thinking I'd have to have an account to even look you up!!! YIKES!!! We can be dinosaurs together!

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.