Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Sheep Emergency!

Justin was in town running some errands. The errands of course were your usual grocery store run, and a "quick" trip to our local feed store and then home.

I was at home getting the kids ready for a birthday party we were going to. As I am dealing with a crying baby and trying to convince my five year old to brush his teeth, Justin calls me and lets me know that a fellow
ag teacher at a nearby school needs his help. Apparently he had a sheep that was fixing to die because of a thiamine deficiency. They were at the fair grounds having their Chapter Show. We had the medicine here that the other ag teacher needed. Justin then lets me know that he is going to run that medicine to the fair grounds immediately and hopefully make it in time before the sheep died.

I glanced at the clock and it was 3:30, we had an hour and a half to be at the party. That would be plenty of time for him to return and we could go to the party as a family. (How naive of me!)

At 4:30 no Justin....... I continued getting the kids ready and myself ready. That is a job in itself that always gets me frustrated thinking where is my other half to help me!

The kids and I leave the house at a little after 5:00. We arrive to the party and low and behold Justin is there. He had arrived shortly before us. I was relieved that he was there but wanted to run up to him and tell him how much I could have used his help in getting the kids ready. I thought better of it and decided to just keep my mouth shut!

I walked up to him with a bright smile and asked where the baby's formula was that he was in town to get. Well guess what........ he forgot. With the sheep emergency going on, he totally forgot. We were completely out of formula! He quickly rushed to his truck and said he would be right back. For a split second I thought, poor guy he is always on the run! About 45 minutes later he returns with the formula! Our daughter was just as happy for his return! She was a hungry little munchkin!

Well the night ended up very well. We had a GREAT time at the party and the sheep survived. We can chalk this night up as a success!

No comments:

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.