Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Job He Loves!



My husband has always had the dream to be an ag teacher. During his years of showing, he had a close relationship with his ag teacher. Being that he was a sheep man and absolutely loved the life, being an ag teacher was inevitable. This is his dream, this is his life, oh what a price we pay though. Don't get me wrong, I have always told him to follow his dreams and to never give up. He is doing what he loves and I know that. I would never take that from him. BUT God has blessed us with two precious children. We have a son who is 5 and a daughter who is 5 months old. It is really hard handling everything because his job is so demanding. Show season is especially hard.

When he started teaching ag, he said it would be much better than coaching because he won't be gone other than show season. I remind myself and him of this conversation during the Summer and the Fall, when many of the sales are happening. Of course then there are the many times when we have something important going on as a family and he gets the dreaded phone call and there is an emergency with an animal. Off he goes, and our plans are cancelled or put on hold. I have always wondered during this time if there were other wives out there that are going through the same things I am. Do they feel the same frustrations? Do they have to bite their tongue constantly? This is the reason I started this blog. I want to vent my frustrations but also delight in the opportunities in seeing my husband succeed and reach some students who were once considered "past the point of being saved". When I say saved, I mean getting their life on the right track again. I hear the stories of his daily encounters with the students and I know that he is reaching most of them. The lives he is affecting are endless. I delight in this and know he is so wonderful with his students.

How could I ever dream of him not doing this. His students need him as much as he needs them. With this said, I still deal with frequent frustrations of him being gone or ALWAYS on his cell phone. For instance I was in labor with our daughter and they were prepping me for a c-section and his phone rang. Not only did his phone ring, BUT HE ANSWERED IT! Oh, if I could have gotten that phone in my hands I promise it would have been in a million pieces. My goal is to blog about life as an ag teacher's wife, the celebrations and the frustrations. I look forward to fulfilling this goal!

No comments:

Who Knew? Update Version..... Please pass it on.